Church Office: 01623 55 35 79

Related Links


Your Wedding at St Mary’s

You can be married at St Mary's if one or both of you live in our parish. To check this go to and enter your postcode in the search box.

You can also marry here if one or both of you:

1. was baptized or prepared for confirmation in the parish
2. has ever lived in the parish for six months or more
3. has at any time habitually attended normal church services in the parish for six months or more
4. has a parent who has lived in the parish for six months or more in your lifetime
5. has a parent who has habitually attended public worship here for six months or more in your  lifetime
6. has parents or grandparents who were married in St Mary's church
7. is on the Electoral Roll of our parish
8. have been granted a Special Licence to do so

You both have to be aged 18 or over, or if you are 16 or 17 years old and have your parents' consent to marry.

If either of you is a foreign national please go to:

If you are divorced, only in exceptional circumstances can you be married here.

If you would like more information or to book a wedding we'd be pleased to discuss this with you - both of you please come to the Parish Office at The Magdalene Centre, Church Avenue, Sutton-in-Ashfield NG17 2EB any Tuesday evening between 7 and 8p.m.

Following the currect Covid-19 adivce, the Parish Office will not be taking place on Tuesday evenings.

If you would like to discuss or pay a deposit for your wedding during this time, please contact Barbara on 01623 442 007 who will arrange a time to meet with you.